At OneHope27 we truly count it a privilege to walk out the passionGod has placed on our hearts to impact those involved in the foster care system with the HOPE of Christ! In this second year of operations we have learned a great deal and seen God continue to move. This past year has been about continuing the journey and encouraging churches and individuals to do that SOMETHING they can do to impact kids and families involved in foster care.
Some of the exciting things we have seen God do this year are:
- Over 1000 bags of clothes and PJ’s were donated to children just entering foster care.
- Of the 14 Churches we worked with our first year, we continued working with 11 in some capacity during our second year. We also added 3 new churches.
- 3 business, 2 Schools, 4 Churches and a variety of individuals held clothing and PJ drives for foster kids and our placement bags
- We observed National HELPS Day by serving Milwaukee County social workers with breakfast.
- We became members of the Christian Alliance for Orphans, which unites 180+ respected organizations and a global network of churches. Their joint initiatives inspire and equip Christians to live out effectively the Bible’s call to care for orphans and vulnerable children.
- We joined the 1:27 Network, which consists of 7 like-minded ministries.
- 5 children in foster care received their wishes granted through our partnership with OneSimpleWish and one family was sponsored for Christmas
- We needed to upgrade our rental unit for our placement bags due to supply and demand and we also began supplying bags to Waukesha Co. in addition to Milwaukee Co.
- This year we organized a lead team which consists of 5 members who serve in the areas of administrative assistance, volunteer coordinating, creative communication, and drive coordinating.
It is because of your support of our mission to FOSTER hope that we have been able to impact so many this year!
As God continues to bless our efforts to be a part of what HE is doing in foster care in Wisconsin, we pledge to continue to be good stewards of your support. 2015 has been another great year of building, and I am confident we have only begun to see a small portion of what God is doing in the lives of those involved in foster care in the greater Milwaukee area.