Everyday we at OneHope27 count it a privilege to walk out the passion God has placed on our hearts to impact those involved in the foster care system with the HOPE of Christ! It has been an incredible year of raising awareness and involvement within the Christian community. So many churches and Christ followers have jumped on board to be a part of what God is doing in the greater Milwaukee area.
Some of the exciting things we have seen God do this year are:
- Over 1000 bags of clothes and PJ’s donated to children just entering foster care
- 13 Churches committed and involved in impacting the foster care system with the HOPE of Christ
- 3 businesses, 2 Schools and 11 Churches held clothing and PJ drives for foster kids and our service project
- The Journal Sentinel wrote a story about our founders and their family (If you missed it you can check it out here) http://www.jsonline.com/news/religion/religious-families-find-calling-to-foster-care-b99224598z1-250496021.html
- We had the privilege of speaking at 3 events, 2 Schools, and 7 churches to share God’s heart for the “functional orphan” of foster care
- Our Founders received the Governor’s award for foster care which highlighted OneHope27
- Thousands of individuals got involved in foster care with the “something” they could do and more than 20 individuals became licensed foster parents as a direct result of the work of OneHope27
- We were gifted a storage unit for a limited time to assist in packing our bags of clothes and PJ’s for kids entering care, we also added a project manager to the team to coordinate volunteers for our service project
- 14 children in foster care had their wishes granted through our partnership with OneSimpleWish and one family was sponsored for Christmas
God has been good and continues to bless our efforts to be a part of what HE is doing in foster care in Wisconsin! If you are reading this as one of those thousand of individuals who has begun to do that “something” you can do for kids and families in foster care, thank you! If you have yet to join with us in what God is doing, there are countless ways to be involved. We would love to connect with you and help you find the best way for you to give, love and serve those in foster care.
It may be at year end, you would like to give to a nonprofit organization, that very well may be the “something” you can do. Your financial gifts and partnership make it possible for us to do what we do in giving, serving and loving kids and families involved in foster care. Giving is made easy through our website and paypal just follow the link below. http://www.onehope27.org/#theneed
At OneHope27, we know that not everyone can foster or adopt, but everyone can do something to impact those involved in foster care with the HOPE of Christ! Thank you for giving your “somethings” to be a part of what God is doing in the lives of kids and families who are impacted by the foster care system.